Tuesday, March 8, 2011

CEP811

  1. What are some things that you have learned about effective teaching strategies when integrating technology?
  2. How did integrating web-based technologies help you think about and evaluate uses of technology?
  3. How have you met your own personal goals for learning about technology integration?
  4. Do you have any new goals? What are your plans for reaching your new goals and your long-term goals after this course is over?
I feel like writing this post will be a little redundant with the post for 810....but I'll try to keep it fresh.

One of the best things that I learned in the class regarding effective teaching strategies and technology was the UDL principals. And really it was more than just learning about them. Who wouldn't nod their head and agree that they are a good idea and that everyone should use them? It was taking a lesson plan that I had written, and finding the strengths and weaknesses within it- kind of like facing the mirror and really looking. I also really gained some confidence in the section about Online Learning and Face-to-Face strategies. This really helped me to see how...not easy exactly, but, viable it was for me to provide my students with online learning experience options.
   After taking this class, I feel like I have a much better grip on what Not-effective technology use is and looks like, which was something I had hoped to learn. Separating the sparkle from the things that are truly effective was a knowledge/skill I had hoped to acquire by taking this course.

Taking this course and the skills and resources that I have a acquired here will help me as I progress to the MAET program at MSU.

1 comment:

  1. Yes for those of you who are taking both, you could probably combine the two reflections! You must have been busy this semester. I am glad to see you found the UDL lesson valuable. This is a new lesson and it looks like everyone really liked it.

    ReplyDelete