Sunday, June 19, 2011

CEP812 Personal Learning Plan

It is interesting to have this project come around so quickly again, and how my thoughts have changed on the task. When I completed the first PLP for 810 I feel like it was very academic and big picture. I had set goals that, by this time, I should have accomplished and haven't. I don't feel horrible for not completing those goals, but it has made me realize how much life can trip up your own personal development goals. You really must be as dedicated in your personal study as your classroom study. The one major goal that I have met is joining the MAET program. I am excited to see what this program will teach me and the people that I will meet. Hopefully I will be able to expand my PLN! Given that I didn't meet my smaller goals from my previous PLP, I decided that the best new goal/lesson learned, was that I really need to have a solid logistical plan, that is broken down into small logistical steps. Having these smaller steps in place will allow me to see progress which in turn will hopefully spur me to accomplish more.

For my Personal Learning Plan I created a 'storybook' using PowerPoint. I admit, it's kind of silly, but I was trying to have fun with it. Enjoy!
Personal Learning Plan

2 comments:

  1. Laura,
    How cute was that!? Your students will LOVE you if you are this creative with them :) I agree with your statement that we should not use technology as a gimmick for students, but rather use the tools resourcefully in order to promote learning. You have some pretty attainable goals and a good plan for your future. Good luck with getting a job and in all that you do!
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura - I love your Professional Learning Plan.....and the storybook was so creative! I am currently teaching the CEP 810/811/812 condensed summer cohort, and shared your blog with them. They are currently working on their Professional Learning Plans, and I wanted to share a wonderfully creative example - GREAT JOB! If you are interested in what we are doing, feel free to check our course out at: http://www.msuedtechsandbox.com/maety1_summer2011/. Best of luck to you in the future!

    ReplyDelete