Friday, February 18, 2011

Quickie Wiki

Ok, I realize the redundancy in the title but I couldn't resist-especially since this posting will be short.
Of all the technology that I have come across, I find the Wiki to be the least intuitive of them all. I understand what they are, and essentially, how to use them. But when it comes to formatting the page, I just keep thinking "Why can't this be more like Weebly?" Anywho, because I am not currently a teacher at any school, I went to see if there was anything that I could add to the MSU page. Reading through I realized that one of my favorite places Abrams Planetarium was missing (Best. Cheap. Date. Ever.). So I added the text with external link to the page.



Also, my wiki creation lacks any real depth to it because I again lack a reason to make one (no class). So I spent some time playing around with the different widgets. I like how it gives you options for applications to choose from, although I am not sure that all would suite classrooms very well...I suppose it would depend on the class. Here is the link if you would like to see my own "sand box": https://chamberlainclassroom.wikispaces.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I think Weebly and wikispaces are pretty close in nature though Weebly has lots of cool templates and designs.
    A Wiki is really neat for collaboration in the classroom. You can have the students create projects together and everyone can "drive" since they can all have editing rights.
    Also, you can revert back to any page because of the history.
    Another feature I like is the built-in discussion forum.

    ReplyDelete