Sunday, February 6, 2011

RSS Feed Pt 2

No lies, I totally forgot that the RSS feed assignment was multi-part, until I was browsing the discussion boards. (forehead smack) So that accounts for my RSS feed post being so long since I tried to pull all the elements into one.  But, looking back, again, here are some changes I am considering making:

Downgrading the Novachi feed to a bookamrk: Kudos to their marketing department, since they seem to be posting at least once a week, and their 'system' seems really cool, but I don't need to know about every update or new feature since I don't actually use their product.

Shifting Michigan Council for the Soc. Studies to bookmark. Last post here was Dec 30....this is one of the big organizations you would think could have someone posting once a week....

Weblogg-ed: I really like the sense of tension/urgency that seems to come out of this site. Alot of the tech sites it's something of a "Here's something that I found useful/A reflection I had. You can take it or leave it" But this site seems to say: "You should be getting involved! Power to the masses!" You know someone is enthusiastic about what they do when it comes across in a blog.

HistoryTech: Still LOVING this blog

MediaShift: More about media than I had for some reason anticipated....I feel like these are articles that I could bring to my students because the media (not just news) is what they spend time engaging in.

Anywho. A few more thoughts about the RSS. Hopefully I will not lose points lol :-)

1 comment:

  1. Loved the idea of having students tracking current events! One needs to stay abreast of all the changes that are happening around the world, as well as in our own country. I'm going to have to check out the History Tech blog! It sounds like it's something I could really get into.

    ReplyDelete